The aim of this project is to list interesting games, that are likely to be played and are a valuable asset to the linux gaming community, not to collect as much information about games as possible.
Games you will not find here, and on submission are likely to be rejected:
- No games that have been released for other platforms and might have a Linux client (e.g. Unreal Tournament 3). Exceptions apply if the native Linux client is confirmed by the developer. Those games can be included and should be tagged "no release".
- No games that are in an early development phase even if parts are already playable. Exceptions apply if the development is rather vivid, the project looks really promising and parts of the game are playable. Those games can be included and should be tagged "early development".
- No games in closed alpha/beta state
- Not very simple Games (e.g. tic-tac-toe)
- No games that need emulation (e.g. DOS) or wine to run.