Changelog for UnReal World RPG
Version: 3.16 - final
** Saved characters from version 3.15-> are compatible with this version. **
- improved: wielding a new weapon when both hands are in use
If you wield a weapon when both hands in use your secondary weapon is
automatically taken off and the new weapon is wielded as a secondary
- fixed: possibility to climb while hauling items
This was not intentional, and doesn't work anymore.
[p]ush items to bring a heavy load on the other side of a fence etc.
- fixed: dogs being attracted by baited traps
They did not enter traps, but failed to notice safer food options
- fixed: dogs eating from cellars
- fixed: fat not accepted as raw meat
It's accepted now..for those who want their fat cooked.
- added: simple configuration file to customize some game options
View and edit urw_ini.txt in your installation folder to customize
the following options:
- Keep examine distant location (F3) dialog active for repeated
selections until cancelled?
- Ask to climb fences, or climb them automatically?
- Ask a confirmation to exit zoomed in map if dogs or companions
are left behind?
- fixed: dogs can hurt animals in a tree
- fixed: occasional meat description changes if different types of meat was
prepared at the same location
- balanced: dogs - the price and behaviour
Changes apply mostly to their hunting behaviour, which resembled more
that of a well-trained war dog rather than a common hunting dog.
* Hunting large animals
Dogs now primarily aim to block animal's escape route by heading
in front of it in order to make it stop or to change its course.
Most importantly hunting dogs now bark in alarm when they've got
the animal cornered or momentarily stopped.
* Hunting small animals
Same tactics as with large animals, but dogs also tend to make
occasional attacks and usually manage to injure their prey quite
* Hunting aggressive animals
No relevant changes. Dogs fight as bravely as they always do, with
some individual variations in the mix. If cornered animal turns
aggressive, the dog will fight it. If the prey animal escapes again,
the dog tries to block its escape route and lets you know about it
* Dogs are now more valuable. Their price is tripled.
- added: NPC/animal fatigue information displayed
Upon looking at creatures (F3) their fatigue level is displayed:
"It looks [slightly fatigued/fatigued/very fatigued/breathless]."
- added: "Yes/No" dialog to ask if you want to climb the fence when you
move on it.
- added: hide quality depends on how damaged the carcass is
If the carcass to be skinned is partially eaten or otherwise damaged
the quality of resulting hide is accordingly lower, and skinning
is more difficult.
* It's worthwhile for fur hunters to bring the animal down quickly
and effectively to prevent ruining the hide with excess strikes.
* The smaller the animal the less strikes are need to damage its'
* In general edge and point attacks pierce the hide most effectively
so blunt weapons are something to consider for knocking the small
* Location of the wounds also affects to possible hide damage. You
can get a perfect hide even if the carcass has been beheaded or
misses a hoof or two, but dozen of spear strikes in its abdomen
doesn't look good in finished hide.
* There's a damage tag displayed upon looking at the carcass:
If there's no tag displayed the carcass is intact in terms of
utilizing the hide.
- fixed: cancelling aiming zone/weapon aspect in counterstrike
- fixed: False skinnig message: "The [NULL] is the right tool here, but
- fixed: "hides & skins" not listed by default when making cords
- fixed: purchasing multiple animals within one talk session only gives
Talk session now ends after each completed animal trade. You need to
talk again to trade for another animal.
- fixed: sacrificing unknown plants reveals their true name
- fixed: leashed animals not always following you upon zooming out
If they were stuck behind trees, walls, other creatures, they
would stay on zoomed in maps.
- added: zoom in/out confirmation dialog if your companions/dogs are getting
If companions or dogs can't follow you upon zooming in/out you'll be
notified and asked if you really want to leave the area.
- added: name of your leashed pet is displayed in character's inventory with
the leash in use
- added: press [ESC] to skip "more" prompt in message display
Rest of the messages for given turn will be displayed without pausing
on every screenful of messages.
- changed: key command to show character profile screen is now [P]
- removed: access to other profiles (rituals, skills etc.) from character
profile screen has been removed
It wasn't that useful.
- fixed: non-stacking items
Traded items, or items gotten from NPCs, did not always stack with
same kind of self made items.
- fixed: animals occasionally "freezing" beside traps without entering nor
- fixed: occasional plant alteration during threshing
You threshed some rye, but got blueberries.
(It was about berry eating animals nearby messing up the data)
- fixed: when tanning skins rinsing and soaking can degrade the skin quality
This wasn't intentional. Those tanning stages now do not affect the
skin quality - they are not so challenging considering the whole
- fixed: numpad issues after switching tasks
- fixed: sleeping disorders
Short, interrupted sleeps were often more refreshing than long
- added: sleeping on furs for extra warmth and comfort
The fur needs to be of decent size to act as proper ground cover or
blanket. Several smaller furs can be used instead of one big pelt.