Lix is a multiplayer action puzzle game.
It belongs to the IRS genre – Interactive Rodent Simulation. The game was inspired by Lemmings, a 1991 game by DMA Design that got ported to a lot of different platforms, most notably Amiga, DOS, and SNES.
The game will sport these features:
- Networking mode for up to 8 teams. Play a classical 1v1 match,
a strategical 2v2 team game, a wild free-for-all, or team up
against the strongest Lix player among your friends.
(Spectator mode is also available.)
- New skills like Jumper, Runner, and Platformer. Also, the
Walker is an assignable skill. The Cuber transforms itself
into solid terrain very quickly.
- Exploders have knockback and send everybody
flying all over the place. The Baseball Batter smashes nearby
lixes away. Both are perfect to dislodge enemy blockers. ;-)
- Cylindrical and toroidal maps, and other multiplayer-balancing
- In-game editor: Design your own levels.
- Include your self-drawn graphics and use them as terrain,
entrance hatches, exits, deadly traps, ...
- Singleplayer mode with action replay, savestates, and other
features to aid in executing puzzle solutions.
- Lix will probably be put into the public domain.
Copy, alter and share the game as you wish.