Changelog for Dominions III: The Awakening
-- General --
· Utterdark did far too many attacks, fixed.
· Recruitment queues are automatically reset once a fort is under siege.
· Support for new fullscreen resolutions e.g. 1920*1080.
· 2 x Crash during turn generation fixed.
· Fixed bug where AI would cast vengeance of the dead on empty provinces.
· Added Jack sound support for Linux version.
· Improved Linux pulseaudio support.
-- Modding --
· Maximum number of mods increased.
· Maximum number of mod sprites increased 1000 -> 2000.
· Modding: New monster mod commands: #clearweapons, #cleararmor, #drainimmune, #homesick.
· Modding: #armor accepts numbers too.
· Modding: #custommagic can be used to created linked random magic.
· Modding: New site mod commands: #conjcost, #altcost, #evocost, #constcost, #enchcost, #thaucost,
· Modding: New site mod commands: #holyfire, #holypower, #heal, #curse, #disease, #horrormark, #lab.
· Improved performance and window resposivness of the 'AI thinking' host stage.
· Trampling could result in multiplying the target in some circumstances. Fixed.
· Shields could parry some effects they shouldn't be able to, like fear. Fixed.
· Maggots spell was broken, fixed.
· It was sometimes possible to continue sacrificing slaves even if your temple had burned down, fixed.
· Two monthly Voice of Tiamat spells didn't cooperate very well, fixed.
· Burned down lab/temple event messages while sieged now go to the sieged player.
· The Blood Keep site now gives a mountain citadel instead of a swamp city.
· Many more sites can now be found in cave provinces.
· Fixed crash during turn generation.
· Trying to view a non existant battle will no longer crash the game.
· popkill now works for non commanders as well.
· Command line switch --nonationinfo is now implemented.
· Some typos fixed.
· Mighty Yari was incorrectly a missile weapon, fixed.
· Yogini was not a female, fixed.
· Some units got wrong type of names, fixed.
· Horse Brothers had switched pictures with their commander, fixed.
· Tribal King now has a javelin instead of a sling, just like in the picture.
· Pulseaudio on linux now longer requires pulseaudio dev package to be installed.
· Modding: New commands for underwater recruiting #uwcom1 ... #uwcom5 and #uwunit1 ... #uwunit5.
· Modding: New command, #heretic.
· Modding: Gift of reason target is subject to spec limitations.
· Modding: Maximum number of spells increased from 1200 to 2000. This will make it possible to have more
spells in mods.
· Modding: Maximum number of name types increased from 60 to 100.
· Eliminated nations are now also shown in the graphs.
· Spell AI improved regarding when to cast Arrow Fend, Gift of Flight and Legions of Steel.
· Could get some kind of mine even though all site slots were full, fixed.
· New monster modding commands: #inquisitor, #shatteredsoul, #banefireshield, #uwdamage, #popkill.
· Some units like the vampire now actually takes damage from being under water, just like they were supposed to.
· Description changed for Maggots to better correspond with its true effect.
· Djinn is now a unique monster.
· increased maximum number of messages a player can send on a given turn.
· Fixed crash during turn generation.
· Support for PulseAudio on linux.
· New resolutions 1024*600 and 1024*576 (for netbooks).
· Dominions could crash when changing video preferences, fixed.
Features and bug fixes v3.23
· Battles in Inferno, Cocytus and the Void could not be viewed, fixed.
· Hovering over an equipped item and pressing 'l' sends it directly to the lab. Also added a popup for the 'l' shortcut
on the next screen where you choose a commander or the lab.
· Crash during turn generation bug fixed.
· Global enchantments could incorrectly stay up if its immortal caster was permanently banished, fixed.
· Immortals could die permanently from disease, fixed.
· You could get permanently unable to appoint a new prophet in some circumstances, fixed.
· Various magic items got bonuses on returning from other planes.
· Forgotten city adventures had broken traps. E.g. the ballista only dealt 1 point of damage.
· New units: Ryujin, Shark Warrior, Shrimp Soldier, Crab General.
· AI learned how to use the seduction, lure and corrupt special abilities.
· AI can no longer ignore sea of ice and similar restrictions.
· AI could ignore target restrictions for rituals like Tidal Wave in some circumstances, fixed.
· Recruitment ques are now greyed out when unrest >= 100.
· Monthly site searching with spells stopped targeting when no more prime suspects were available. Now it will go
through the less likely locations as well after the good once are searched.
· Creating new game with random map and same name without quitting resulted in wrong map graphics being
· Stealing a mercenary from another player resets the merc's turn orders. This fixes a potential false cheat alarm.
· Improved cheat protection.
· Improved spell messages for a few situations.
· More new units: Tatsu, Shikome, Monk of the Fivefold Path
· New spells: Signs of the Fivefold Path.
News for map makers v3.23
· Now possible to set a custom skybox for a specific province. E.g. to create a nice space backdrop for your outer
· Now possible to set a certain battle map for a specific province (#batmap).
· New map commands to change the color of the battlefield in a certain province (#groundcol, #rockcol, #fogcol).
· Support for the new battle ground look commands in the map editor.
News for modders v3.23
· Increased max nbr of effects per magic item.
· Modding command #com didn't work properly, fixed.
Modding commands v3.21
· New nation modding commands: #autoundead, #zombiereanim, #horsereanim, #wightreanim, #manikinreanim,
#tombwyrmreanim, #domkill, #domunrest, #templecost, #labcost.
· New site modding commands: #mon, #com, #clear, #incscale, #decscale.
Features and bug fixes v3.21
· New spirits to summon for Jomon: Ujigami, Mori-no-kami, Kenzoku, Jigami, Gozy Mezu.
· R'lyeh dreamlands suffered from the same problem as Ermor once did. Dom-kill rate now multiplied by 5.
· Battle enchantments did not expire when leaving the battlefield by unusual means (e.g. being immortal and
getting killed), fixed.
· Shape changing could result in incorrect magic item loss, fixed.
· Wishing for a non unique item could remove too many items from the world, fixed.
· Game could crash due to too many large units on the battlefield, fixed.
· Crash during turn generation fixed.
· Improved cheat detection.
· Many random events have some fixes.
· Some rituals can now only be cast in certain terrains: Hidden in sand - waste, Mountain Vila - mountain, Cloud
vila - mountain, Leshiy - forest, Nushi - swamp, Shedim - waste, Seirim - waste.
· Hinnom PD reduced
· Hinnom start army reduced
· Hinnom Popkillers gives some unrest.
· Avvite Chariot size -> 5
· Dawn Guard -> 45
· Melqart Blood -> 3
· Ba'al Blood -> 2
· Ba'al eat Melquart event reversed.
· Onmyo-ji has got a fortune teller ability and battle summons.
This patch contains mostly improvements in the modding department, but it also has some new units for late
Atlantis as well as the usual bug fixes.
· New weapon modding commands: #dt_small, #dt_large, #dt_raise, #dt_magic, #dt_constuctonly,
#dt_demononly, #mrnegates, #mrnegateseasily, #mind.
· Weapon modding: Range -1 = strength as range, -2 = str/2, etc.
· Increased modding limits for maximum number of monsters and descriptions.
· New monster modding commands: #watershape, #landshape, #forestshape, #plainshape, #unique,
#stormimmune, #startaff, #bloodvengeance, #stonebeing, #leper, #beckon.
· Monster modding: #cold and #heat takes an area variable.
· New and improved mod and map manual
· Nation mods are now properly recognized when starting network games.
· Fixed problem with disappearing magic abilities when enabling many mods.
New features and bug fixes v3.20:
· Battle enchantments expire when caster retreats from battle ground.
· New switch: --nocheatdet.
· Crash during host fixed.
· Improved move order validation.
· Increased maximum number of maps allowed in the map folder.
· LA Atlantis got new troops to recruit under water.
· LA Atlantis got a new hero.
· Increased maximum number of messages (for huge games).
· Increased maximum number of commanders and units (for huge games).
New Features v3.17:
· Three new nations inspired by biblical and near eastern giant-myths.
· Hinnom, giants of primordial times and gruesome appetites.
· Ashdod, descendants of the ancient Nephilim.
· Gath, humans led by the last of the giants.
· New spell: Manifest vitriol - summon the green lion of alchemy.
· Shattered Souls - tartarians are insane and might act randomly.
· Some new longdead graphics.
· New modcommands: #speciallook, #hero6.
· Some new events.
Bug fixes and balance changes v3.17:
· Twiceborn no longer makes demons immortal.
· Hidden in sand and hidden in snow spell descriptions fixed.
· Shamblers cost reduction.
· Some unit stat fixes.
· Voice of apsu/tiamat restricted to own provinces.
· Astral/fire shield was overvalued by AI and sometimes overruled scripted spells.
· Recruitment queues was not cleared when castle was conquered.
· Seduction order could be copied to ordinary commanders.
· A non-flying seducer could flee with their victim to an underwater province where they both drowned.
New Features v3.15:
· MA & LA Ulm sexier.
· Ulm Iron Faith: Black Priests in MA Ulm, Priest Smiths.
· Iron Faith spells: Iron Darts, Iron Blizzard.
· Iron Angel, MA Ulm summon to battle enemy sacreds and magical beings.
· Guardians got Black Halberds that stun enemy sacreds.
· Ghoul Guardians no longer sacred, but got Black Halberds.
· Halt Heretic: New ability on Iron Angel, Ulrich hero and Lord Guardians.
· Plate armors slightly better. Ulm plate armors more so.
· LA Abysia sexier.
· Slayer cult: Anathemant Slayers, common slayers noncapital.
· LA Anathemants got death magic.
· LA Smoulderghosts sacred.
· Warbreds: huge humanbreds bred for war.
· Late Abysian Hero
· Fossilized Giants, LA Abysian summon.
· Altered spell: Hidden in Snow more expensive and gives more units. Also more effective with luck, magic and
· New spell: Hidden in Sand. Summons dust walkers if cast in a wasteland. More powerful in luck, magic and
· Altered spell: Flight is personal.
· New spell: Gift of Flight.
· New icons: Halt Heretic, Animal Awe, Spy and Assassin.
· Avalon witch changes: Crones strat move 1, mother and daughter random nature/air.
· New national militia events for UW nations.
Bug fixes and balance changes v3.14:
· Scale spread bug fixed.
· Ermor domkill upped to proper levels.
· Old militia event made rare.
· Peshti got Kite Shields.
· Peshti Spearman strat move 2.
· Bogatyr strat move 3.
· Some more strat move fixes.
· Plague Scythe -> twohanded.
· Exarch and Kosheij got robes.
· Grid Druzhina cold res 50.
· Fivefold Angel stump attack instead of fist.
· Simargl Falchion -> bite.
· Simargl patrol -> 10.
· Bloodlord helmet.
· Rigor mortis no longer affects inanimates.
· nternal Alchemy works properly.
· Demonbred got correct age.
· Forester and Bakemono scout stealth fix.
· Moose Riders cheaper 45 -> 30.
· #coldpower mod command fixed.
New Features v3.14:
· A new late ear nation called Bogarus!
· Bakemono got a new scout.
· New random events.
· Spell AI: Touch of madness and Berserkers avoids casters and archers to some extent.
· Spell AI: No longer casts LoS on armorless units.
· Modding: Increased maximum nbr of descriptions.
· Modding: Max number of nations and nametypes increased.
· Modding: New monster commands: #darkpower, #firepower, #coldpower, #stormpower, #fallpower,
#winterpower, #summerpower, #springpower, #darkvision, #onebattlespell, #patrolbonus.
· Modding: New item commands: #newitem, #descr, #weapon, #armor, #type, #name, #copyspr.
· Modding: New spell command: #nextspell.
Bug fixes and balance changes v3.14:
· MR bless bonus was sometimes displayed incorrectly, fixed.
· Dominion sometimes spread in incorrect ways, fixed.
· Legions of Steel bug fixed.
· 'y'-screen bug fix.
· Caster of Stygian Paths took 1 point of damage for each unit under his command instead of the units taking the
· Stygian Paths reported random number of lost on the way
· Ritual cating magic items could malfunction, fixed.
· Bug preventing more than a hundred sprites or so in mods has been squashed.
· Several minor fixes to monster stats and magic sites.
· More magic sites enabled in caves.
· Scathach got her magic and flight.
· Hydra sacred all the way.
· Dance of the morrigans fixed.
· Setting 1920x1200 resolution didn't work properly, fixed.
Note: Score graphs from old games will disappear when patching to version 3.14.
New Content v3.10 Mega- Patch:
· New nation: EA Fomoria. Enemy of Tir na n'Og. A nation of deformed seafaring Giants.
· New nation: LA Pythium, Serpent Cult. The dom2 theme revamped. Meet the mystery cults and soldiers of the
· Nation remade: MA Mictlan, Reign of the Lawgiver. Sky priests, Moon Warriors, Jade Serpents, new heroes and
· Nation Remade: MA T'ien Chi. New units such as apothecaries and geomancers, abilities on several of the old
units, new longevity spells, Huli Jing summon, new sprites, conscription more useful.
· New heroes for Agartha, Sauromatia, Eriu, Jomon, Lanka, Marverni.
· Stone beings are now immune from stone sword petrification.
· New horrors
· New event spells: Monster Boar, Send Dream Horror.
· Iron Pigs gives Marverni Iron Boars
· Cave sites, deep sea sites and other sites with a total of 140 new ones
· New bandar summon: Rudra
· New Events
· New icons: diseased, plague carrier, reaper, heretic, healer, poison barbs, reinvigouration, fire power, cold
power, storm power, dark power, fortune teller.
· Ko-Oni popytpe added.
· Fir Bolg popytpe added.
· Independent undead apes
Bug Fixes v3.10 Mega- Patch:
· Mac could crash when shift selecting units, fixed.
· Wrong type of local defence under water for some nations, fixed.
· Guru reincarnation bug fixed.
· Some 3.09 heroes with wrong names fixed.
· Monster mod command #reinvigoration didn't work, fixed.
· Weapon mod command #aoe didn't work, fixed.
· Mod command #clearsites didn't work as advertised, fixed.
· Mod command #clearmagic did not work properly on monsters with more than one magic skill, fixed.
· Fixed mod command #secondaryeffectalways.
· Fixed battlefield location on cave battlegrounds.
· Magic scale restrictions for random events didn't work, fixed.
· Magic units without magic leadership fixed.
· Undead units without undead leadership fixed.
· Shuten Doji friendly sleep fix.
· Shuten Doji sleep effect increase.
· Horticulturist no longer harvests his crops with firebrand.
· Tombwyrm & chariot summoning works
· Unholy bless fix.
· Bean Sidhe (undead) enc 0.
· Summon Bean Sidhe fix.
· Seer King enabled.
· Some PD fixes
· Some nation brief_descr fixes
Other Stuff v3.10 Mega- Patch:
· Edi's Great description-fixing.
· New screen resolution 1920*1200 supported.
· Raise dead didn't work properly with corpses from plagues etc. Fixed.
· Ammit -> commander.
· Rain Moddable
· 'Z' cannot be used to steal from mercs.
· Demonbreds not truly demons to disable their unthematic reanimation.
· Deva pretender increased undead leadership
· Magic items on dead people no longer prevents reforging.
· Golem cult statues got darkvision
· Male seducers now seduces females instead of males.
· Cost changes to several units including Shadow vestals, Jaguar warriors, Marverni warriors.
· Troglodyte reduced mr.
· All Mictlan troops forest survival.
· Tempest warriors lost ice prot.
· Indep grimoire slightly improved.
· Hydras remade with 9 heads.
· Maenad new sprite.
· Maenad forest survival.
· MA van home only. Gold cost increase.
· Animal and vegetable names
· Cave sites separated from mountain sites
· Cave province names
· And some other stuff...
Bug Fixes, Tweaks, Enhancements v3.08:
· New Nation: Tir na n'Og - Land of the Ever Young
· New Nation: Eriu - Last of the TuathaMod Squad!
· New mod commands: #spreaddom, #nobadevents, #incunrest.
· Enforce some rules for #itemslots modding to prevent weird bugs in mods.
· #siegebonus didn't work (Fixed)
· #copyspell didn't work (Fixed)
· Dragonflies' strength changed from 0 to 1 and they can now inflict damage.
· Burden of Rime caused severe damage to diseased non-old people (Fixed)
· LA Atlantis could not continue fort construction (Fixed)
· (Fixed) Cave battlegrounds.
· Mod that modified a monster's magic skills could lock up the game (Fixed)
· #defaultmapzoom saved when editing maps.
· (Fixed) Cave symbol that disappeared in version 3.06.
· Some Tuatha and sidhe stat fixes.
· Some sidhe magic skill fixes.
· A few description fixes.
· Light weight scale mail increased res cost.
· Svartalf home only
· Can use monthly cast multiple site search spells of the same type.
· Some monsters were not always unparalyzed properly (Fixed)
· Ritual of Rebirth didn't work with 15 size Hall of Fame (Fixed)
· Wild Hunt and some more spells were buggy when attacking besieging armies (Fixed)
· Magic site fixes, armor fixes, age fixes, hero fixes, unit fixes.
· Y could be used to find undiscovered castles (Fixed)
· No looming devils underwater.
· Summon barghest and black dogs switched
· Province defense overflow fix
· Esc works when right side menu is hidden
· H-shortcut didn't work (Fixed)
· Marverni and me Man temples cost 200
· Mind hunt could crash the game. (Fixed)
· N?got gick fel: No space left on bg - bug fix (Fixed)
· Mirror image (and glamour) does not protect units from missiles or magic.
· Blade wind reduced # o e
· Flaming arrows increased path lvl.
· Sloth scale -> 15% / step
· Kala-Mukha warrior and Palankasha increased cost
· Ulm EA archers not stealthy.
Bug Fixes, Tweaks, Enhancements v3.06:
· Universal binary for Mac OS X.
· Fixed some typos.
· New spell for Man.
· Name fixes for late era T'ien Chi.
· Name fix for some Abysian humanbreds.
· Darkness did not work properly regarding demons.
· Modding: new commands: #domsummon, #domsummon2, #domsummon20.
· Modding: new commands: #summon1, #summon5, #makemonster1-5.
· Modding: #copy renamed to #copyspell in manual as well.
· --noscoregraphs works.
· Dreams of R'lyeh could hang the game if cast upon a province with only mindless commanders.
· Hippocampoi Fields summoned a human soldier who immediately drowned, fixed so it summons a hippocamus
· Miasma dominion affected C'tis income badly as well.
· Modding manual updated.
· Modding: Resistances can be modded to exceed 100%.
· Modding: can disable nation with #era 0.
· Modding: new commands: #seduce, #succubus, #charge.
· --mapsbcol didn't work. (FIXED)
· Defense commanders didn't receive mirror image properly. (FIXED)
· Dragon mastery ability could disappear unexpectedly. (FIXED)
Bug Fixes, Tweaks, Enhancements v3.04:
· New nation
· New map by Jason Lutes
· Cave provinces supported
· New map command #allowedplayer
· Some typos fixed
· Iron Walls didn't work
· Seduction message fixed
· More special effects displayed in weapon info box
· New spell mod command to restrict spells to certain nations
· Modding manual updated
· Mod command #defmult1b etc, didn't work with value 20
· Fire Arrows didn't work for small bow, chakram or shuriken
· Can send larger maps over network
· Fix for map download on linux and osx
· Added some popups in random map creator
· Fixed Fata Morgana crashing
· Fixed memory overwrite bug
· Improved handling of corrupted turn files from dom3 server
· Doom horrors could eat people without any reason, fixed
· Monkey reanimation for Lanka, Kailasa, Bandar log and Patala
· Atlantian ME heroes enabled
· Deepthought agarthan EE hero enabled
· Traitor Prince R'lyeh hero enabled
· Mictlan heroes enabled
· Eagle priest removed from mid era
· Oni cost lowered
· Vetala touch of madness resistible
· Spectral shield for legionnaires and ganas
· Devala summon for monkeys
· Glutton icon
· Enchantment icon for rain fixed
· Demons can see in the dark
· Various minor stability improvements.
Bug Fixes, Tweaks, Enhancements v3.01:
· Great Lion size 3.
· Atlantian spearmen correct age and darkvision.
· Shark knight have correct resource cost
· Doom horrors less common.
· Indep lizard warriors base prot ->3
· Curse of stones affects only enemies in accordance with the manual
· Wands no longer gives Chest Wounds
· Sharpest tooth has correct stats
· Nagini seduction fix
· Polypal mother no longer ethereal
· Event gives city and not motte-and-bailey
· Mesmerize confuses/enrages target instead of enslaving
· Triton recruitable in coastal kappa province fixed
· Blessing can affect sacred undead.
· All era gians gets longdead giants and soulless with reanimation and similar spells.
· All era caelum soulless fix
· All era ctis undead fix
· Eater of the dead fix
· Darkvision fixed
· Some nation description fixes
· Tungalik dagger -> quarterstaff
· No uw conscription for tien chi
· Mod commands for sites: #gold, #res
· Mod command: #ressize
· Building of cave castle no longer produces simple hillfort
· #castledef, #maxage, #startage, #older mod commands work properly
· #owner fixed. Limit 25 removed
· Weapon modding #cold, #fire, #shock, #secondaryeffect, #secondaryeffectallways didn't work properly
· New weapon mod command: #poison
· Lava warrior also had prec and enc swapped
· Polypal Mother and some more are now female.
· Nethgul no longer tries to kill his wielder.
· More visible up/down arrow for scrolling commanders.
· Fixed bug with cheat detection and alchemist's stone.
· God epitet's could be cut off, fixed.
· Ardmon's Soul Trap didn't work as advertised.
· Tempest would crash the game if used in meele.
· Possible to enter site ou ydon't own, fixed.
· Max possible Dominion victory value increased.
· S?s and Kirke and Kurgi have correct name.
· Alcastor has correct priest lvl.
· No more free kappas in UW fortresses
· Watcher darkvision -> 100
· Hog knight is now mounted.
· Atlantis hero size -> 4
· Flame corpse construction works now.
· Azure mages are amphibious
· Leviathan only castable under water
· No longer possible to recruit city of tombs units if you're not ctis
· Helhirding only recruitable from site (and double display removed)
· Dwarven smith only recruitable from site (and double display removed)
· Stargazer no feet
· Burning one had prec and enc switched
· Bitch queen crone shape has nature 1
· Ram's Head got prot 2
· Tribe warriors increased to 10 gold
· Jaguar tribe slinger hide shield
· Druids had low stats and age - stats increased a bit
· Map editor fixes.
· GUI performance improvments.
· Improved spell modding.
· New mod commands #uwfort, #deepfort.
· Modding manual updated.
· Map edit manual updated.
· Guru gets rid of all afflictions when he gets a new body.
· Message for guru reincarnation into new body.
· Lure of the deep was castable over water, fixed.
· Modding command #nratt didn't work.
· When Charcoal Shield is replaced by the Champion's Trident, Fire Shield effect isn't removed. Fixed.
· 't' screen got top right exit button as well.
· On the F1 Nation Overview screen, clicking on a province name with a province number higher than 1000,
causes a magic site description to be displayed, fixed.
· The Mummification spell available from Amon Hotep shows as no description available, fixed.
· Windows alt-tab improvements.
· Knights only attack in mid or late age
· 60 gold event -> 100 gold
· Merman scout cost -> 25
cold preference -> +1
· Daidalos got hammer
· 10+ new gold generating events.
· Horror Seed spell could lock up the game.
· Correct game name in credits.
· No more snowfall events under water.
· Gateway fixed.
· VP crowns disappeared at edges, fixed.
· More than 1 VP / province wasn't displayed properly, fixed.
· Glamour ability doesn't give mirror images to PD units or leaders at the start of combat, fixed.
· If you use a 5 digit port for hosting a game the port number is not saved correctly, fixed.
· Starting a new game with a random map but with same name as last game resulted in a bad map, fixed.