Changelog for POWDER
Choose Your System:
- Gameboy Advance.
- Nintendo DS.
- Windows SDL.
- Linux SDL.
- Mac OSX10.5+ SDL.
- Playstation Portable SDL (Old Version).
- GP2X SDL - Use Source or External Build (106).
- Windows CE - External Build.
- PS3 Linux - External
- Wii - External
- iPhone - Search for "Roguelike" in the AppStore.
- Source Code.
(Creative Commons Sampling Plus)
Nine months since the last release, so much for the weekly release
schedule POWDER started with! You will notice that I have at least
maintained the same size release, minor fixes and a new spell. I'm
particularly happy with finally finding a compromise for god-induced
flamestrikes - you get a warning now so they are less just an
insta-death out of the blue.
You may thank the Annual Roguelike Release Party (ARRP) for this
release - it provided the impetus to get something out. If you like
POWDER, but are frustrated at the slow rate of development, I strongly
recommend checking the rest of the roguelike scene!
iPhone release isn't out yet for the usual reasons. Every time I go
to build for that platform I have a nightmare of provisioning profiles
and certificats to wade through before I can actually get to the
compiling bit :>
- MSVC Express Edition 2008 project files and instructions added,
created by Andreas Bohm.
- Tower shields are large. (Claudio)
- "You cannot hide from I!" is now "You cannot hide from Me!" (B.
- Looking at a square will also describe any smoke there.
- The dig spell now has the side effect of spraying the excavated
rock shards, damaging those around you.
- Create Pit spell is now 10 MP rather than 15.
- Blizzards fill the air with sleet and snow, not sleet and slow. Though the latter does describe their special effect nicely.
- New spell: Sandstorm
- If a god decides to flamestrike you, you now get a few turns warning to
- Monsters properly check safety of squares before stepping on them.
- If trapped inside a wall without Phase or Breathess, you will
suffocate. (Strange Child, Julian Agloro)
- Helmets should be sorted together now. (Aapo)
- Empty bottles will be filled by down pour now. (Aapo)
- Entomb has a better message when blocked. (Aapo)
- Rocks are created when rocks fall on your head. (Aapo)
- Spells you can't cast have (!) after them in the zap list
- Saving when out of disk space should no longer corrupt your last save game.
- Tossing an item hand to hand no longer takes a turn. (Aapo)
- Spears, knives, and daggers no longer let you equip stacks. (Aapo)
- You are only prompted to throw one spear of a stack. (Aapo)
- The animate forest spell now has its own icon.
The artpack for this version can be grabbed
The Windows and Mac versions are shipped with the SDL, the PSP version
compiled with the SDL. You may replace this version with the latest version.
POWDER conforms to section 3 of the LGPL: you can download a tarball of the SDL
code here or directly from http://www.libsdl.org. The WinCE and
GP2X versions both use SDL but are hosted by parties other than