Changelog for Out of the Park Baseball
Out of the Park Baseball 12 updated: 1 year 48 weeks ago
Like a manager constantly seeking ways to get the most out of his lineup, we're always tinkering under OOTP's hood. Here's what you can look forward to this year:
- Recoded parts of the in-game AI, making it the most challenging ever in an OOTP game.
- Improved Play-by-Play commentary
- Improved in-game sound, adding better quality sound files and more variation.
- Improved player evaluation AI, resulting in more realistic AI roster moves.
- Recoded parts of the trading AI.
- Recoded parts of the main scouting engine.
- Improved injury and recovery system.
- Added complete history for all coaches.
- Added the ability to save a game in progress and resume it later.
- Added optional confirmation questions after substitutions in-game, preventing mistakes.
- Added the ability to lock a player to a certain minor league level when the AI is in control of your minor league system.
- Added a new player development screen, including an organizational depth chart presentation.
- Added the option to have established international free agents enter the market during the offseason.
- Added WAR (Wins Above Replacement) as a statistic.
- Added a playoff roster for more realistic team transactions.
- Greatly enhanced the world database structure, resulting in more realistic fictional league and player creation.
- Added a simulation module, allowing you to match up two teams from the same league for a set number of games and see the simulation results. This is great for research purposes or just for toying around. For example, how would the 1927 Yankees fare against the 2004 Red Sox?