Open Sonic is a free open-source game based on the "Sonic the Hedgehog" universe. It introduces a different style of gameplay called cooperative play, in which it's possible to control 3 characters simultaneously. Unlike most similar games, Open Sonic provides a greater level of interaction between the player and the levels. It's more than just a jump'n'run; the user must come up with some strategy in order to get through the levels.
* No installation is required + small download
* Sonic-style physics (360° movement engine)
* Available in 4 languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish and French
* 2 levels + innovative items + extras
* You can make your own levels using the embedded level editor
* Good performance even on old computers*
* There are ports for Dreamcast and AmigaOS 4.x.
* Experimental MacOS X support.