Erebus is an Open Source RPG (Role-Playing Game), for PCs, smartphones and tablets.
* Classic point-n-click style RPG, with dungeons to explore, enemies to fight, NPCs to talk to, sub-quests to complete, scenery to interact with, weapons, treasure and other items to find.
* Also supports Rogue-like keyboard controls.
* Multiple quests (more will be added as development progresses!)
* Choice of starting characters (currently Barbarian, Elf, Halfling, Ranger, Warrior).
* Start straight into the action - none of this "For your first quest, please find your next door neighbour's pet cat".
* Vector-based world rather than tile-based - so items/scenery can be placed in any position, or aligned in any direction. Similar to FLARE.
* 2D animated graphics, with zoom in/out, and lighting effects.
* Completely free and Open Source - no ads, unlike many free Android apps.
* User interface optimised to work with mouse, keyboard and/or touchscreen.
* Cross-platform - available for Windows, Linux, Nokia Symbian and Android devices.
Erebus is tested on Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 8 Pro and Ubuntu Linux 12.04 32 bit; and with Intel GMA 3100, Intel HD 4000 and NVIDIA GTX 675M graphics. Erebus should work fine with Windows touchscreens, including pure tablets, though this is untested. Note that for Windows 8, Erebus only runs on Intel or AMD x86 devices, and not Windows RT (ARM) (e.g., it should work fine on the Surface Pro, but the cheaper Surface RT is not supported).
For Nokia Symbian smartphones, this requires S60 5th edition (Symbian^1) or later - the Nokia Ovi Store should let you know if it's compatible with your phone. Erebus has been tested on the Nokia 5800.
For Android, this requires Android 2.3.3 or higher, and has been tested with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.1.2. A resolution of at least 800x480 is recommended.
If the performance of the game seems too slow, then try disabling "Lighting Effects" (quit the game, then from the main menu, go to Options).