Wake up the spaceship's cryonauts before the ship reaches it's destiny, or it will be too late! One of the most famous 8 bit games now back on your computer!
Note: the official website does not provide Linux version, however, you can successfully compile and run the game using following instructions:
- Get the source, extract it from archive.
- Get these two patches (one, two) and save them as fix1.patch and fix2.patch.
- Apply both patches by running: 'patch < fix1.patch' and 'patch < fix2.patch'.
- Install Allegro _development_ library.
- Install Curl _development_ library.
- Install any additional libraries if required.
- Get FMOD library from http://www.fmod.org/index.php/download
- Extract FMOD archive's api/inc/ directory contents to Alien8 source directory.
- Extract FMOD archive's api/lib/ directory contents to Alien8 source directory.
- Compile with: 'gcc *.c -lcurl -lX11 -lXext `allegro-config --libs` -L. -I. -lfmodex -o Alien8'
- Optionally, remove the source code
- Get Windows game archive
- Copy resources from Windows game archive to working directory
- Use the following script to run the game:
#!/bin/sh LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH export LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./Alien8