Cube 2 Engine is a multiplayer/singleplayer FPS game engine.
6 directional heightfield in octree world structure allowing for instant easy in-game geometry editing (even
in multiplayer, coop edit).
- Rendering engine optimized for high geometry throughput, supporting hardware occlusion culling and software precomputed conservative PVS with occluder fusion.
Lightmap based lighting with accurate shadows from everything including mapmodels,
smooth lighting for faceted geometry, and fast compiles. Soft shadowmap based shadows for dynamic entities.
- Pixel and vertex shader support, each model and world texture can have its own shader assigned. Supports normal and parallax mapping, specular and dynamic lighting with bloom and glow, environment-mapped and planar reflections/refractions, and post-process effects.
- Robust physics written specifically for this world structure.
- Loading of md2/md3/md5/obj/smd/iqm models for skeletal and vertex animated characters, weapons, items, and world objects. Supports animation blending, procedural pitch animation, and ragdoll physics for skeletally-animated characters.
- Network library designed for high speed games, client/server network system.
- Small but complete configuration/scripting language.
- Simple stereo positional sound system.
- Particle engine, supporting text particles, volumetric explosions, soft particles, and decals.
- 3d menu/gui system, for in-world representation of choices.