RetroArch is a multi-system emulator for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and *BSD. It is formerly known as SSNES.
Its design and background is quite different than most other emulators as RetroArch does not implement an emulation core itself. RetroArch talks to libretro, a generic emulator core API. This means that RetroArch is core agnostic, and it does not care which emulator core is running.
- bNES, a NES / Famicom emulator.
- bSNES, a SNES / Super Famicom emulator.
- Final Burn Alpha, a multi-arcade system emulator.
- FCEUmm, a NES / Famicom emulator.
- Gambatte, a Game Boy / Game Boy Color emulator.
- Genesis Plus GX, a Sega Genesis / Mega Drive, Master System, Game Gear and SG-1000 emulator.
- iMAME4All, a multi-arcade system emulator.
- Mednafen PSX, a Sony PlayStation emulator.
- Meteor, a Game Boy Advance emulator.
- NXEngine, a Cave Story / Doukutsu Monogatari engine.
- Prboom, a DOOM engine.
- SNES9x Next, a SNES / Super Famicom emulator.
- VBA Next, a Game Boy Advance emulator.