Great Gluttonous Gorgos!
A new fiend has been summoned from the Underworld to swell the ranks of the devilite workforce: the gluttonous gorgo!
Gorgos are bulbous fiends who are constantly on the lookout for their next meal. Within the Underworld they are among the lowest in the fiendish pecking order and are used as a twisted form of motivation for white collar devilites. For those that don't work hard every day will eventually become a terrible gorgo; their bodies bloating and their two eyes forming into one, because why waste all that extra energy blinking both?
I'd like to announce two exciting new features that will be released in a future update: dashing and shield bashing. Both of these features will be available to all knights as part of their core set of actions.
*There is currently no ETA for these features, though they will soon be available to test on the Test Server*
The dash is used to evade enemy attacks quickly, providing a burst of speed and limited invulnerability. It provides a great 'escape' from monster attacks or from being surrounded by more agile monsters.
- Zoom now works in Guild Halls
- The energy panel will pop out to display changes in energy
- The party leader is indicated with a crown
- Lift Barriers now have a unique barrier effect to set them apart from Force Fields. Remember, Lift Barriers do not block monsters!
- Tutorial: Minis have been added as an appropriately "easy" monster in some early missions
- Compounds: Various improvements and tweaks to many rooms
A new class of monsters known as 'minis' now roams the Clockworks. Experienced knights shouldn't have much of a problem dealing with them, but beware, minis are prone to swarm in packs dozens strong.
- Dust bunnies: These beast-family minis are a hopping mad mess of fangs and fur. They are always hungry.
- Glop drops: The newest member of the slime family will slowly ooze their way toward their prey as a nasty blanket of spikes.
- Grave scarabs: These undead insects are always on the lookout for fresh corpses. Their limited flight signals their attacks.
- Fixed listing "None" keys during the tutorial
- Fixed health display for some monsters
- Various UI-related, translation and text fixes
- Updated some conversation images
- Corrected name color issues
- Fixed some issues with gremlin thwacker hammer attacks in the Firestorm Citadel
- Revive UI positioning adjusted
- "???" Displayed for random floor names in the level clear interface
- Fixed issue with help tips displaying incorrectly when poisoned
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SPIRAL KNIGHTS!
Spiral Knights is celebrating its second anniversary with a special event! Join in on the fun now through April 16, 2013!
It's a Caketastrophe!
Visit the Haven Town Square to meet the Skylark's Head Chef, Biscotti. She will inform you of a 'situation' at hand that involves hordes of monstrous cakes known as 'Creep Cakes.' Helping her solve this 'situation' will reward you with cake helms and prize boxes! Features include:
- A Prestige Mission, 'Total Caketastrophe' is available during the event
Dozed and Bombfused!
Strange rumbling noises have been heard emanating from the Core, spawning rumors of something monstrous stirring in the very deepest depths of the Clockworks, then rolling over and hitting the Sloom button. Several squads of brave knights have gone missing, only to be found several days later looking suspiciously well-rested. When questioned, they cannot describe exactly where they have been, saying only that the time passed "as though in a dream". Do their dreams hold the key to the disappearance of Alpha Squad?
We wanted to inform you that our ISP will be doing some maintenance starting at approximately 12am PDT on Thursday March 28th. This will result in some downtime that may last for approximately two hours. While you should still be able to play the game, our billing system may not be available. This is the same scheduled maintenance that was canceled on March 13th.
Thanks in advance for your patience!
We wanted to inform you that our ISP provider will be doing some maintenance starting at approximately 6pm PST on Wednesday March 13. This will result in downtime that should last for approximately one hour. While you should still be able to play the game, our billing system will not be available.
Thanks in advance for your patience!
Ah love. Some say it's that warm, fuzzy feeling you get when your special someone looks at you and smiles, holds your hand or makes you laugh. Others say that it's that kinda weird feeling you get when a pink, robotic puppy monster shoots you with its strangely comforting, photon powered heart cannon.
Who are we to say who's right?
Celebrate Valentine's Day with a love that lasts forever! For a limited time, purchase the new Forever Love Puppy Mask from the Supply Depot. Just like true love, this adorable costume mask never expires!
The Kataclysmic Confrontation has ended... for now. Those black kats cannot be kept at bay for ever and will likely find a way to return from the depths of the abyss once more!
Pembrooke, Montague and the Moorcroft Alchemy Station will remain in Moorcroft Manor and all tokens and materials associated with the event do not expire.
- Added a confirmation before leaving a party to enter your Guild Hall.
- Added directional indicators to the footprints when placing furnishings.
- Reduced speed of Curious Mewkats.
In the wake of a black kat attack, the ghostly residents of Moorcroft Manor are in need of funds to repair their Archives. Teaming up with the Haven Treasury, Moorcroft Manor is having a fire sale of all its extra furnishings and they can be a part of your Guild Hall!
From now until 12:00 PM PDT on February 13th, 2013, we're giving away free Moorcroft Prize Boxes with select energy purchases!
Someone or something has summoned a horde of cursed black kats into the Clockworks. These shadowy beasts hunger for arcane power and raided the Moorcroft Manor Archives' precious collection of magical grimoires.
In the wrong hands these ancient tomes could be kata- er, catastrophic, but it turns out that black kats can't read, so they instead decided to just eat them.