Here is the new Overgrowth alpha video!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.document.getElementById('hs-youtube-8y4oREWtk98').outerHTML = "\x3Ciframe width='520' height='381' allowtransparency scrolling='no' frameBorder='0' style='border:none;' src='http://www.humblebundle.com/store/video/overgrowth?youtubeid=8y4oREWtk98'\x3E\x3C/iframe\x3E"
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Different arena game types; weapon spawns
- Player is handled as just one more arena fighter
- Added arena team colors
- Added multiple rounds for unarmed arena matches
- Added more levels to main menu
- Tintable Turner texture
- Blunt damage can cause face cuts
- Active block catches thrown weapons
- AI can dodge knife attacks
- Improved wounded stances while holding weapons
- Cannot passive block attacks from behind
- Added "ground aggression" parameter so low-level enemies are less likely to hit grounded opponents
- Added active block knockback
- Added "meta event" system for handling high level arena logic
- Added support for levels with no terrain and no sky
- Improved texture conversion speed on Linux
- Fixed challenge level logic
- Fixed "display text" hotspot
- Added "No Save" parameter so that temporary objects are not saved
- Added new temporary arena level
- Fixed leaked file handles
- Ctrl-shift-a selects all objects of the same type
- Fixed problem with group ids and colors
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
In this Art Asset Overview, I show the concept for the main menu UI and talk a bit about some new software I'm using. For a couple of years, I've been interested in trying some alternate workflow methods, but I was concerned that the new assets wouldn't match up well with the older ones. However, I thought it was time to see for myself what it would be like to work with these new techniques:document.getElementById('hs-youtube-isoU5v1vd7c').outerHTML = "\x3Ciframe width='520' height='381' allowtransparency scrolling='no' frameBorder='0' style='border:none;' src='http://www.humblebundle.com/store/video/overgrowth?youtubeid=isoU5v1vd7c'\x3E\x3C/iframe\x3E"
Be sure to watch it in HD!
I bought 3D Coat because I had read on Polycount (my favorite 3D-artist forum) that it was the best program for retopology work (reducing a mesh from millions of triangles down to thousands). While 3D Coat does have some annoying workflow problems, it makes it easy to create some assets that would have been very difficult without it.
My concerns about the new assets looking very different turned out to be unfounded. While it would be possible to make something that looks very different, it's also easy to match the existing style. I have been hard at work on new metagame content and 3D models for next time. Be sure to check out @wolfire for realtime updates!