The Wine development release 1.5.31 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- New version of the Gecko engine based on Firefox 21.
- Joystick force feedback support on Mac OS X.
- Window management fixes in the Mac driver.
- Various bug fixes.
- Please download and install the 184.108.40.206 server.
- Login to the query interface with a serveradmin account.
- Issue instanceedit serverinstance_pending_connections_per_ip=2 command.
You may use other low values but we recommend setting it to 2 or 4. Setting this value to 0 will disable the DOS protection.
Please follow all three steps to enable DOS protection as the server comes with DOS protection disabled by default.
The Wine development release 1.5.30 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- Mouse capture support in the Mac driver.
- NTLM and Negotiate authentication in WinHTTP.
- Support for proxy bypass in WinInet.
- Various bug fixes.
A bit late, but packages for Ubuntu Raring (13.04) have been added to the stable and devel PPAs. I’m not on 13.04 yet, so I haven’t tested FS-UAE there yet, but I don’t have any reason to suspect that the packages won’t work
Yes, it’s been a while since the last release, but we haven’t been completely idle. There’s a brand new jit cpu core which yields some impressive speedups, and a ton of work on the OSX port!
Head on over to the download page and check it out!
Also, don’t post bug reports or support requests in the comments. It’s a terrible venue for that, and there are other places specifically designed for it, such as, say, the support forum
Turn on JIT (dynamic recompiler) for HUGE speedup:
- For Windows users: in main menu, choose Config -> Emulation Settings, check “Use dynamic recompiler” or add to command line “–cpu-mode=1″
- For Linux users: add to command line “–cpu-mode=1″
- For Mac users: In the View menu, choose View > Show Emulation Settings. Then in the Emulation Settings panel, select Dynamic Recompiler.
The FS-UAE project has its own domain name now: fs-uae.net
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/ will redirect to http://fs-uae.net/ for the foreseeable future (possibly forever), but if you do have permanent links to the FS-UAE home page / download page on your web site, I would appreciate it if you would update those links (either now, a bit later, or at least eventually ). Please also let me know if you find an old URL which is not redirected properly.
As promised we want to speed up our release process. Today we want to release a minor update that fixes some bugs that were encountered in EV0001, so this is basicly EV0002 and provides some additional features.
If you don’t want to read about the changes you can grab the program directly in our download section.
Now the changelog:
- Linux: Support for detecting the RTP path by reading the Wine Windows registry (this means you can install the RTP via Wine)
- Fixes for the Android build system (still not working, are you an Android developer? Contact us!)
- Wii support
- Windows 98 support (compile with VS2005)
- For developers: Switched to Javadoc comment style and updated Doxygen documentation with new features (e.g. call graphs) (issue #67)
Gameplay related: (when this fixes an issue in a specific game it is mentioned in [brackets])
- Fake Battle System. The battle itself doesn’t work but you can select the outcome (Victory, Defeat (only for scripted defeats, doesn’t trigger a Game over) and Escape). Far away from being perfect but better then terminating like in 0.1
- Fix integer overflow on large maps (resulting in incorrect passability checks)[Hero's Realm]
- Don’t restart BGM if the song is the same [Hero's Realm]
- Fix passability check for event layer chipset tiles (issue #121) [Dragon Warrior 1 Remix]
- Fix transparency of autotiles (resulted in an orange tileset when parallax backgrounds were used, issue #104) [Dragon Slayer Gaiden] [Yumme Nikki]
- When a party member is on the maximum level, instead of displaying “——–” the current experience is displayed now, because this was confusing
- Adjusting music volume (needs support in SDL_mixer, probably not working for all files)
- MessageBoxes close now when a wait event occurs, should fix many not closing message boxes
- Experience and Level system implemented
- Switch command: Fixed indirect switch setting via variable
- States (Death, Poison, …): Display correct state in menu
- Fix item count underflowing (from 0 to 99) when an item that the player didn’t have was decresed
- Fix change hero sprite command
- Move event: Player transparency
The Player is still not suitable for daily use, please report any bugs you encounter in games so we can make it better. Thanks!
An update to FS-UAE 2.2 has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.2.2:
- With video_sync = auto, allow some slack when deciding to enable full sync or not (accept host refresh rate 49 instead of just 50, ..).
- New option: assume_refresh_rate (int) to manually specify host refresh rate when refresh rate detection fails. This option in combination with video_sync = auto effectively replaces video_sync = full.
- video_sync = full is now an alias for video_sync = auto.
- Fixed bug causing FS-UAE to hang when pausing with video_sync = off.
- New model CD32/FMV (includes FMV ROM), CD32 model reverted to original.
- Fixed compatibility issues in scanline GLSL shaders.
An update to FS-UAE 2.2 has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.2.1:
- Show on-screen warning if OpenAL device cannot be opened, log OpenAL error code.
- New option save_state_compression can be used to disable save state
- New option “log” which can be used to enable misc types of debug logging.
- Queued input events are processed in hsync handler.
- Use CD32 + FMV quickstart for CD32 model, update cd.device in cartridge ROM fixes problem with Pirates Gold intro.
- Removed a couple of left-over / unnecesary log statements.
- Support language option to override GUI language.
- New translations: tr [Decypher].
- (Launcher) Fixed bug when specifying window_width / window_height in custom settings.
- (Launcher) Warn when using A1200 model with < 2 MB chip RAM.
- (Launcher) Fixed a bug where 0-byte screenshot / covers files could be stored if a network error occurs while downloading.
- (Launcher) Better support for A3000 and A4000 with the game database.
- (Launcher) Support hiding variants from the database based on _status.
- (Launcher) Cycle-exact can be disabled from database if abs. necessary.
- (Launcher) Support language option to override GUI language.
- (Launcher) New translations: tr [Decypher].
ScummVM has been accepted for the Google Summer of Code 2013!
We're hoping to find another group of students who want to help out the ScummVM project and get paid for 12 weeks of coding work over the summer.
Maybe you'd like to help us improve support for games, or enhance our user interface? Perhaps you'd like to revamp our OpenGL support and accelerate the rendering of some engines? Or do you have even bigger ideas, like starting support for yet more games?
If any of this seems like a good way to spend your summer, take a look at our ideas list, or drop into our IRC channel (#scummvm on irc.freenode.net) and have a chat with us!
Beware: the application period is from April 22 to May 3, so be sure to talk to us in time! We know from previous years that it's really helpful to apply early, and to get involved with the ScummVM community so we can help to revise your application.
In our ongoing approach to port the EasyRPG Player to highly important platforms we want to provide a glance at our newest port supporting Windows 98.
In 2012 the market share of Windows 98, 2000 and NT together was an incredible high value of 0.13% so a port was totally worth it.
The hardware and software requirements of the application are minimal. You only need an Intel Pentium 2 or newer or an AMD K6 or newer. Operating system: Any Windows since Windows 98.
Player was run on a 350 Mhz Pentium II system. With resolution 640×480 the test map runs at 30 FPS, with 320×240 at 60 FPS. The strange chipset is our placeholder chipset until somebody draws a new one for us (maybe you?).
We render at 32bit, the output quality is improved compared to RPG_RT on color intensive scenes but our feature that allows playing of games from other countries (e.g. Japanese) on a european Windows is gone because of operating system limitations (limited Unicode support).
Time for some retro feeling! Get your old PC down from the attic, remove the dust and enjoy. (needs the Microsoft Layer for Unicode, place unicows.dll in the same directory as Player.exe, if it crashes on startup the DLL is missing)
It's the year 2318; you're part of an agency created to protect the integrity of the timeline after time travel has been invented. After it is detected that someone has changed the past, it's up to you to repair the time stream!
The ScummVM Team is proud to announce support for the Macintosh version of The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime. So go grab the latest daily build of ScummVM and play through the game to assist us in testing!
If you find any bugs while playing, please report them to our bug tracker following our bug submission guidelines. For information on how to extract the data off the disc, follow instructions listed on our wiki.
The last official release (the Alpha) was more then two years ago (February 2011). Today we want to finally release a new version that we declare as stable: v0.1 (codename “EV0001″)
This release is dedicated to our IRC bot named “EV0001″, thanks for serving us with log files and pizza in the last years.
Together with the new release of the Player we also release a new website. (this blog will serve as the news section of the site, so nothing new here)
Noticeable changes in 0.1:
- An embedded font (called Shinonome) that looks like MS Gothic. No external font file needed anymore!
- Improved event interpreter, many games that were broken before are more playable now (e.g. going to bed and entering the dream in Yume Nikki works now)
- Rendering issues with some BMP and PNG files were fixed.
- Screenshot function (press F10)
- New Name Input dialog with better layout and support for Japanese characters
- Huge improvements in the internal memory management of the Player, crashes because of deletion of still referenced game objects shouldn’t happen anymore.
- Multi-language RTP support. Play Japanese games that use files from the RTP with the English RTP (and vice-versa). The Player handles all the magic in the background for you.
- For developers: The graphic backends SDL and SoftBitmap were removed, Pixman is now the one and only (Audio and Input are still handled by SDL)
You can download the Player in the download section of our new website. For 0.1 we only provide binaries for the common systems Windows, Linux and MacOS X. We don’t have enough developers to maintain lots of ports and they were slowing down our development process. But don’t worry, our Player is still perfectly portable to other systems. Ports for other systems will be readded in our ongoing development process. At the moment improving the compatibility and the user experience of the Player is our highest priority.
The next release (v0.2, codename “Alex”) will probably be released this year and on our roadmap is the long awaited battle system and and a better save system and of course improvements in the user experience. And we plan to make new stable releases more often so that you don’t have to wait two years again :).
At last we recommend that you check out our new user section in the wiki containing many useful information about features of the Player!
- fixed hostinfo does not work with no running virtualserver
- fixed server hanging after serverstop (and other) commands
- fixed temporary passwords won?t work where channel names include / or
* improved indentation of server query help file
The new server software can be downloaded here.
All clients that can access servers running on 3.0.7 can also access the server 220.127.116.11 release.
OLD Android Beta Client
Please get your new TeamSpeak Client Beta version (3.0.10) via our FORUM.
All users that participated in the recent open beta testing already have the required client and may continue using their TeamSpeak App. So if your client looks similar to the screens below you do not have to worry.
NEW Android Beta Client